Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken, Apple, and Roasted Almond Salad




I have been wanting to try apples in my salad for a while now, but for some reason I either forget of chicken out right at the last minute. Well, I finally did it and man-oh-man am I glad I did! This was BY FAR one of the best salads that I have eaten in a long time.
Ingredients:
1 large handful fresh romaine lettuce
1 small handful fresh spinach leaves
My toppings I chose; may vary to your preferance
broccoli floretts
cauliflower floretts
cubed cheddar cheese
diced bell pepper
diced celery
apple chunks (I used Honey Crisp apples!)
rotisserie chicken (leftovers)
cottage cheese
home made ranch dressing
dry, roasted almond slices
Prepare above ingredients to your liking in the form of a salad. I used cottage cheese as a topper as well as the dressing so I didn't use much of the ranch.

No comments: