Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cheddar Bay Biscuts

4 c. Bisquick baking mix
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. cheddar cheese

1/2 c. butter, melted
garlic to taste/1 tsp?

Pre-heat oven to 450. Mix first 4 ingredients well. Add cheese and mix well. Dust dough with flour to form dough into a good texture. Slightly sticky, but still a good dough texture. Scoop a large ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and then smoosh down the dough to make the ball about 1 inch thick.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes depending on the size of the biscut.
Meanwhile, stir together butter and garlic to brush over hot biscuts. Let biscuts cool 1 minute before brushing.

I made these up in a desperate rush for some sort of "bread" item to add as a side to our meal. They turned out great, but I would love any suggestions. I have to admit also, I can't remember if I added any garlic butter to the dough or just saved it all for on top?!?! Oops! Good luck.

No comments: