Saturday, May 23, 2009

Strawberry and Chicken Salad

I just found this one and I am dying to try it. Let me know if you do! Since it is strawberry time right now, I just couldn't resist! I had my first strawberry salad just the other day (thanks Karla!) and I am hooked. I hope this one is as good as it sounds.

Salad
4 cups romaine lettuce
4 cups arugula (or other type of lettuce)
2 cups quartered strawberries
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1 large previously cooked chicken breast cut into chunks
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles or feta crumbles
cashews to garnish

Dressing
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl except of oil. Drizzle in oil slowly stirring constantly with a wisk. This dressing only makes a small amount so you might want to double it. As is, 4 servings with 4 tsp each drizzled over the salad.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

All of your recipes look so yummy! Will definitely bookmark this to use when planning our menus!

Oh yeah...I have enjoyed stalking your other blog as well...

Lynn