Thursday, May 21, 2009

Healthy but Yummy Whole Wheat Muffins

I love, love, love these! They are such a guilt free and healthy snack for anytime or even breakfast! My kids love them just as much as the sugar filled muffins and my husband does too. I love that there is Flax Seed in here, it is so hidden, but so good for you. I find it a crucial ingredient in this recipe. Flax seed adds a lot of moisture and a hint of a nutty flavor too. Thanks Yolanda for helping me out with this awesome recipe!


1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup ground or milled flax seed
1 cup oats
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 - 1/2 cup honey
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix all ingredients except blueberries, mixing well. Gently stir in the blueberries. Lightly spray muffin pan or use paper cups. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.

No comments: