Thursday, May 21, 2009

Melissa Castro's AMAZING Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had these for the first time about 4 moths ago, and I can not get rid of my craving for these! I got the recipie from Melissa a couple months ago and I have made them 3 times. Superb! I just want them everyday all day! This is another cookie that anti-chocolate Clayton not only will eat, but will be mad if I eat them all!!! Here goes, are you ready?

1 cup cold, unsalted butter: cut itno chucks
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt (optional)
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, regular size (not mini)
2 cups chopped nuts of you choice (or I added a cup of oats)

Preheat 400. Beat butter, sugar and salt together with an electric mixer, Either a hand mixer or in a Kitchen Aid type thing. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat them well with the sugar/butter mixture. Mix flour, baking soda, (and oats) together and then add to creamy mixture. Add chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop 1 1/2 inch balls of dough onto cookie sheet or stone and bake 8 - 10 minutes. My oven needed a bit more time, but I will post it as the original recipie just incase!

No comments: