Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kari's Healthy Cheeseburger Meatballs




Ok, so I wanted to have some meatballs at a fondue party I was going to, but I knew that all meatballs have some sort of starch holding them together (eg. bread crumbs, rice, oats...) and since I am on a starch free/sugar free part of my maintenance I created these DELICIOUS meatballs!




Ingredients:




1 1/2 lbs. ground meat, thawed (I used moose)


3 eggs


1/2 cup ground flax seed


3/4 cup shredded or crumbled cheddar cheese


1 1/2 TBSP Worschestershire sauce


1 tsp onion powder (I used powder to soak up extra moisture, worked well)


1 tsp garlic powder


1 tsp seasoned salt


salt, papper, and parsley to taste




Directions:




Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, I prefer to use my hands. Scoop out balls onto a foil lined cookie sheet with a small scoop or roll into 1 inch balls. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.




No comments: