Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls-Kaiden's NEW Favorite thing!

I saw these on Allrecipies.com and had to try them. Mostly I was just curious since it only has 3 real ingredients, I thought they really weren't going to be great. Apparently they are awesome. We have made 3 batches in a week and they haven't lasted longer than a day yet! Not to mention, they really are a healthy snack for the kid-os and kids can make them. So many great things about these PB balls, I love them! I can't wait until I get the chance to eat one for myself :-).

Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup honey

optional toppings:

powdered sugar
hot cocoa mix
melted milk chocolate
sprinkles
coconut
white sugar

Mix and mush with your fingers (I let Kaiden so I am not tempted to indulge!). Roll into balls or I use my small scoop from Pampered Chef and just plop into the topping of choice. The crowd pleaser so far has been powdered sugar for us. I have only tried powdered sugar and hot cocoa mix though, and they do like the cocoa, just not as much...I am looking forward to the melted milk chocolate. Maybe I'll roll that is coconut too!

A little change to try...instead of 1 cup dry milk, try 1/2 cup dry milk and 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers for more of a Reeces center.

1 comment:

Mandy B said...

I loved these so much at the party the other night! Glad I found your blog :) Ques, how many balls does this recipe make?